00 ee auth colab
Earth Engine Automatic Authentication on Google Colab¶
Step 1: Locating the Earth Engine Token¶
Locate the Earth Engine token on your computer by navigating to the following file path based on your operating system:
- Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\.config\earthengine\credentials
- Linux: /home/USERNAME/.config/earthengine/credentials
- MacOS: /Users/USERNAME/.config/earthengine/credentials
Open the credentials file and copy the entire content to the clipboard.
Note: Ensure that you do not share the content of the credentials file with others to prevent unauthorized access to your Earth Engine account.
Step 2: Creating the Secret in Google Colab¶
- Open your Google Colab notebook and click on the
- Create a new secret with the name
- Paste the content from the clipboard into the
Valueinput box of the created secret.
- Toggle the button on the left to allow notebook access to the secret.
Step 3: Installing the Required Version of geemap¶
Ensure that you have installed geemap version 0.29.3 or later, as only these versions support the automatic authentication feature.
%pip install -U geemap
m = geemap.Map() m